- To maintain standard of education.
- To plan and conduct Annual and Supplementary examination following INC norms.
- Conducting periodic meetings i.e
- Beginning of academic year for implementing curriculum for the ensuring academic year.
- Middle of the academic year for verifying proper implementation of the curriculum and coverage of syllabi.
- Before annual and supplementary examination, arrange theory and practical examination and prepare panel of examiners.
- Prepare examination schedule for theory and practical and arrange examiner for practical as per INC norms.
- Finalization of question paper setters.
- To Create an awareness among the people regarding nursing education, admission procedure and job opportunities after completing the course.
- To orient the students to the institution, campus and facilities available on the campus.
- Visit the Intermediate /10 +2 Government and private colleges and arrange the Career Guidance Programme for effectiveness and promote a better understanding about the nursing course among the students Arrange a help desk counter for the students and parents after intermediate /10 +2 result.
- Effectively guide and communicate with students and parents.
- Schedule Internal Examinations.
- Process University Examination Forms.
- Submitting I.A Marks to the University.
- Plan for I.A Test & Model examination.
- Maintain I.A Marks registers.
- Maintain records such as attendance register, Answer papers, and supervisor data sheet.
- Display of result on the notice board.
Committee members summoned at least two to three times in a year should provide recommendation to implement balance curriculum, sort out the problems faced by the institute and advise and assist the principal in pursuing the vision & Mission of the Institute.
- To advise and assist the principal in pursuing the vision and Mission of Institute
- To eliminate the errors / problems faced in the implementation of the curriculum.
- To maintain standard, Quality Education and Discipline in the nursing profession.
- To support, promote and prioritize educational research and services objectives.
ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE
"Ragging leads to tears, shame, terror and sometimes death"
- Ensure a ragging free campus and college.
- For fulfilling organizational missions and objectives, by maintaining the campus free from ragging, prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging.
- Maintain amicable relations among students and faculty.
- Punish those who indulge in ragging.
- To maintain documentation regarding the Antiragging committee members.
- To keep/maintain the MBNC an anti-ragging zone.
- To keep in touch with the students to identify any incidents of ragging.
- To clarify/ investigate about the incident.
- If found guilty, first warn, and in subsequent incidents take strong actions like punishments and fines.
- Report the incident to the higher Authorities for further management.
- To keep vigilance/ check regularly to stop/ prevent/ avoid ragging among students.
CURRICULUM COMMITTEE OBJECTIVES
- To implement INC syllabus in total
- To plan for continuous internal evaluation
- To develop course and unit plan
- Prepare master plan of subject allotment.
- Prepare the academic calendar.
- Conduct periodic meeting with the class coordinators and the subject coordinators.
- Schedule for internal evaluation.
- Monitor the progress of academic activities.
- Plan for clinical practice.
Grievance: Behavior or action which has or is likely to have an unreasonable negative impact on the student in relation to their studies.
- To state a clear and fair process for students to raise a Grievance, and to identify the member of the staff responsible for settling the Grievance.
- To realize the primary needs of the students and staff and secure civil liberties for everybody, a Grievance Redressal Cell has been constituted. The cell is intented to find solutions for problems like Ragging, Sexual harassment - any kind of physical or mental harassment, Complaints regarding class room teaching - Class room management, completion of syllabus, teaching methods etc, as and when they arise. The Grievance Redressal Cell convenes meetings periodically and takes steps to redress the grievance.
- To maintain discipline in the campus, college premises, classroom as well as in the hospitals wherever the students are posted.
- To achieve the goal of creating a safe, motivating and accepting college environment by supporting the use of positive attitudes and practices.
- To take up measures for inappropriate behaviour including progressive discipline comprising suspension and expulsion where necessary.
- To frame the rules and regulations of the committee.
- To make sure that all the students are aware of the discipline of the college and campus.
- To encourage the students to maintain discipline wherever necessary.
- If any indiscipline is found by any of the students, warn them on the first instance. Take disciplinary action based on the Rules and Regulations of the committee, if the same students repeat indisciplined behavior.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
The aim of the staff development committee is to support the professional growth of faculty by providing activities and events with the ultimate goal of maintaining the highest quality of service for our students and the institute.
- To promote the planning, development, implementation and coordination of staff development activities that supports the mission and goals of the institution.
- To help individual members of staff to maximize their potential in all areas of professional practice.
- To acquaint faculty members with recent developments in teaching and research methods.
- To enhance work place harmony among all employees.
STUDENT NURSES' ASSOCIATION COLLEGE OF NURSING
- To play an active role within the student government.
- To conduct elections for officers.
- To plan and publish calendar of activities.
- SNA works to provide opportunity for personal, intellectual, professional and social growth of its members.
- Each Nursing student is encouraged to cultivate leadership skills within the SNA and through membership in The National Student Nurses' Association
- The active SNA member is an individual aware of the issues, responsibilities and needs of Nursing profession and the public it serves.
- Maintain a membership roster and keep records of funds collected and expenditures made.
Periodically update the departmental website
Upload all the academic activities, events organized by the Institution, achievements of staff and students on the website.
INSPECTION & ACCREDITATION COMMITTEE
- To process for inspection & accreditation to regulatory bodies from the institution.
- To prepare for Inspection & Accreditation of Institution.
- Payment for inspection & accreditation to regulatory bodies from the institution.
- Submitting application and regular follow up for inspection.
- Maintain all the documents up to date.
- Inculcate innovative methods in maintaining documents of Institution.
- Evaluate periodically the functions of institution as per preset standards.
- Co-ordinate inspection activities.
TRAINING & PLACEMENT COMMITTEE
- Prepare students towards a global perspective.
- Offer job opportunities in the field of nursing.
- Enhancing industry - institute interaction program through various hospital visit, government institutes and Non - Governmental Organisations.
- Bring about awareness on innovative technology. facilities and moduels of treatment among students.
- Arranging talk shows and seminars by experts and motivating to broaden the scope of nursing.
- Inviting several institutions and hospitals for recruitment of eligible students.
- Act as a link between the placement program and students.
STAFF SELECTION COMMITTEE
- To define required qualification and specifying selection criteria.
- To recruit well-qualified and competent candidate.
- Identify vacancy and evaluate need.
- Develop position description.
- Public advertisements in local media and website.
- Review applicants and develop short list.
- Conduct demo class and oral interviews.
- Finalizing & Orientation of selected candidates.
- To meet changing expectations.
- To recognize the different needs of our students and users.
- To develop and manage information resources.
- To make our services easy to use, intuitive and coherent.
- To improve the speed and quality of the resource discovery process.
- To assist students and users in making the most of the information they discover.
- To improve our physical and online learning environments.
- To encourage our Students by recognizing their achievements
- To assess and improve our students skills continuously.
- To guide the Librarian in formulating general library policies and regulations which govern the functions of the library.
- To provide for proper documentation services and update the Library collection.
- To work towards modernization and improvement of Library and documentation Services.
- To formulate policies and procedures for efficient use of Library resources.
- To review Library readership dept-wise.
- To adopt measures to enhance readership.
- To prepare budget and proposals for the development of the Library.
- To recommend to the authorities the fees and other charges for the use of the Library.
- To seek feedback on Library functions from readers.
- To submit the annual report on the functioning of the library.
- To take measures to increase the membership of the Library beyond the boundaries of the College.
- Manage and supervise all the activities of the mess.
- Maintenance of mess rules & regulations
- To ensure preparation of the mess menu to be adopted for each month/week in advance
- To ensure timely food service, and to devise ways to achieve maximum economy, avoiding undue expenditure on special dinners etc.
- Ensure cleanliness & hygiene to prevent any food-borne diseases.
- Keep a check on available stock and ensure proper storage facilities for food items.
- Health is wealth. So provision of the Balanced Diet to the students but within the budget provided by the Institution.
- Transparency in the functioning of the Mess. Qualitative preparation of the food in view of the taste of the students.
- Regular monthly Mess meetings for deciding the Menu.
- Monitoring the Cleanliness and Hygienic Conditions in the Mess.
- Pre–Planning for the procurement of Grocery, Vegetables, Fruits, LPG and other requirements etc. in the Mess.
- Inculcating the Table manners and etiquettes amongst the students.
- Developing behavioral objectives in the students.
- Maintain the mess premises in clean and hygienic condition
- To make available the sick diet to students on request.
- To ensure that the students are able to devote adequate time to their studies .
- To ensure that students coming from different parts of the country learn to live together and strengthen their relations with mutual cooperation and goodwill; and
- To develop a climate congenial for co-curricular and extra-curricular activities of student
- The Hostel Committee will actively participate in (or collaborate with) the Wardens in the routine functioning and organizing of all activities of the hostel to ensure smooth running of the hostel activities.
- The Committee will normally meet twice a month to discuss and mutually settle hostel affairs. The President shall put on the Notice Board the minutes of the meetings.
- The Committee shall ensure that peace and order is observed at all times by the residents of the hostel.
- The Hostel Committee and its members shall be subject to all rules/norms as residents of the hostel and shall be responsible for any violation of hostel rules, etc.
- General Body Meeting may be called, as and when necessary, by the Hostel President in due consultation with the Hostel Committee by giving at least 24 hrs advance notice. The GBM may also be requisitioned on the written request of the members (resident students) concerned provided such a request is signed by at least 50% of the members of the hostel concerned and notice to this effect be given to the Hotel President at least 48 hrs in advance.
Plans and conducts research to find possible solutions for common problems encountered in nursing education, administration and service.
- Develop the college strategy and policy affecting research.
- The College Academic Board provides research on quality assurance and regulatory issues, sharing of good practices.
- To liaise with Faculty Research Committees (or their equivalent) and other bodies as appropriate.
- To allocate such resources in support of research as the College may from time to time make available to the Committee.
- To monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the College’s strategy and policies on research.
- To keep under review the support structures in place for research.
- To report to the Academic Board on an annual basis.
Meritorious students are awarded a medal at the graduation ceremony by seeing the overall performance of academic activities.